FIRE AND ICE: FEBRUARY 13, 2016
The Town of Perth will officially launch its 200th anniversary in a way that celebrates the true Canadian spirit: in the middle of winter!
Fire & Ice is a two-tiered, day-long celebration that focuses on both the family and night-time celebrations.
THE AFTERNOON AT CONLON FARM:
The Fire & Ice afternoon will be jam-packed with activities for every single member of the family.
From competing in snow-based obstacle courses to tobogganing down the big hill to throwing snowballs from behind a custom-made fort, we’ve got your winter-day activities covered.
Here are the activities we have set for the afternoon:
All Afternoon from 1-4 p.m.:
- Tyke Obstacle course
- Skating on the Outdoor Skating Pad
- Frisbee Snow Golf
- Art Canvas Ice Wall
- Outdoor Bonfire
Specific time events:
- Facepainting (inside the chalet) from 2-4 p.m.
- Youth Obstacle Course: 2 p.m.
- Battle of the Bicentennial Flag: 3 p.m.
You’ll be able to warm up in the chalet, as it will be open for the canteen and washroom services.
Once you get home that afternoon, and eventually tuck the kids into bed, then it’s the adults’ turn for a night out on the town.
DID SOMEONE SAY, ICE BAR?!
That’s right. We’ve got an amazing night planned to officially launch the Town of Perth’s 200th Anniversary Celebrations!
Doors open at the Crystal Palace at 7 p.m., where you’ll hear some sweet tunes coming from the Riq Turner Band.
Inside, you’ll discover a custom-made ice bar with our popular brewers and spirit makers behind the bar – The Perth Brewery and Top Shelf Distillers. Watch them serve drinks travelling down an ice luge and into your glass – it’s going to be an unforgettable showcase of how we can celebrate our climate in a cool setting.
We’ll also have a bonfire going outside of the Crystal Palace and you can get set for a fireworks show, which will take place off the Drummond Street bridge at 9 p.m. (thank you, Perth Firefighters, for all your help!). With the Tay Basin as our backdrop to this event, it’s a special way to launch our milestone year.
LET’S RECAP HOW YOUR DAY’S GOING TO GO:
- 1-4 p.m.: Family activities at Conlon Farm: tobogganing, outdoor skating, custom-made obstacle course, little tykes’ play area, frolf (frisbee golf!), and a capture the flag event.
- 4 p.m.: Get home, get changed, feed the kids (or your pets – or both, for that matter!)
- 6 p.m.: Head out on the town and dine at one of our popular restaurants
- 8 p.m. (ish): Head to the Crystal Palace to dance in your winter boots, grab a drink at the ice bar, cozy up at the bonfire and celebrate all things Perth while watching the Fireworks show.
How did this event all happen?! From hours of volunteer work and special support from our Sponsors.
Any questions? Great! Please send us a note through the Contact Us Page.